inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

cranberry goodness

after the sunday afternoon merriment,
in the morning, ra and i took a walk around one of the cranberry bogs.
 to see pictures of last year's harvest, look here.
as usual, doug and ra sent me home with a 
generously sized bag full of berries.
some will be baked into cranberry bread this week,
some will go into the freezer for later.

cranberries are part of my heart's calendar.
(the things that i look forward to and
that comfort me and reassure me.)

Some things will never change.
Some things will always be the same.
Lean down your ear upon the earth, and listen.
-Thomas Wolfe 


3 comments:

  1. For chutney! I am on my last container of the 2009 batch, thawing as I write. (I have to take a chicken casserole to a neighbor's house on Thursday, and chutney is the perfect condiment.) Your berries make me impatient for my annual "Chutney day" -- usually a Sunday in early November -- when the house smells like cinnamon and a new batch is ready for the table (and freezer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, cranberries! now i am adding cranberry items to my holiday season baking list! love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely phrase "my heart's calendar" - that sounds like the perfect meditation prompt - I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete