inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, June 6, 2011

back in connecticut

Batman and I are safely back from our road trip to Earlham College.  We attended lots of meetings and helped to celebrate Doug Bennett's 14 years of leadership as President of the college. We also welcomed David Dawson who will soon become Earlham's 17th President. I am not sure there is anything more inspiring than looking backward and forward all at once!

On the way home, we stopped in Ohio to see Hannah and meet our grandkitty, Javier.
isn't he handsome?

Hannah hosted a delicious Sunday brunch and we had a chance to meet some of her colleagues. Batman had not seen the school where she's teaching, so we had a tour before we hopped back in the truck and drove the rest of the way home.

Gretta (who made it safely home from her sophomore year of college, despite rocky weather last week) and Henry had taken very good care of things while we were away. I found this beautiful bunch of goodies waiting for me...winnings from the sew, mama, sew giveaway...from the gracious Pomona in England. (Thank you!)
lavender sachets, fabrics to make a few more, buttons,
notecards, some very pretty fat quarters and bits of ribbon.

I also have a link to share with you. Remember the amazingly talented Sara Argue?  Well, she organized a community art project and our Lindsey pitched in to help. You can read about the project here and see fun photos as well.

Today I was reunited with my beloved sewing machine. I hope to spend some time with her tomorrow.

It was fun to read of all your favorite colors in the comments on my last post. :-)

That's all for this Monday. Bye for now. 

6 comments:

  1. Just catching up with your several posts since I last took a look. (Life here is so distracting right now.) Beautiful posts. I'll try to be more regular about visiting so I don't gorge myself all at once. So much of what you share is food for the soul and heaven knows we need that grace as a steady diet and not a gluttonous feast.
    Hope the late spring is being kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy few days! Javier is a very handsome fella:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your parcel crossed the seas safely, and hope that you have fun with it - and thank you for the compliment, I will try to live up to it!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that Javier is just gorgeous
    glad he has a loving home..so cute
    I guess it was a button busting week you've had
    good...so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what Sara and Lindsey are doing, and the kids seem to love it too!
    Javier is a beautiful boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete