inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

tula tuesday::week 25

 blocks # 83, 72 and 100
from tula pink's city sampler

inspired by lizi boyd's children's book

(those batik birds were salvaged from a hippie blouse
i stitched and wore in the 70's!)
 here's a "work in progress" picture to show you the chaos
i work in when i'm fully engaged in a project.
:-)

do you see wilma's haunches, perched on the windowsill?
she had both a chipmunk and a red squirrel on her radar
and she was twitching and chirping for nearly an hour!
late this afternoon i finished pin basting the crib quilt
i'm determined to finish this week.

i look forward to sharing pictures of the finish,
and the story of how this quilt morphed over time.

xo

are you working on any summer projects?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen! What a treasure this quilt will be. As for me, a big project/labor of love. I am completing a Trip Around the World quilt begun by a friend who died last year. When it's finished (soon!), I'll be giving it to her sister. Already have about eleventeen other projects lined up or in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is so lovely to read. I once finished a quilt for a woman I had never met. Her brother (a dear friend of mine) received the quilt after she died and was heartbroken that it was unfinished. I felt like I got to know her as I stitched it to the end.
      And...I can so relate to the list of projects in the queue! xo

      Delete
  2. Your quilt is coming together, much like an artist painting a picture. It will be a gift filled with love. Noticed the cat's tail hanging over the counter in the photo. You have a really nice work space for creating. I'm currently working on a mosaic. Leftover pieces from stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda! A mosaic! I would so love to see it when it's done! Send me a photo and I'd be happy to post it here if you'd like. xo

      Delete
  3. One of my big summer projects just finished: driving with my daughter from Chicago to San Fran for a new job. A lovely summer project, though not the kind you were thinking of, I'll wager. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FABULOUS summer project! And I have loved your pics on IG. xo

      Delete