inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, December 17, 2009

an invitation


  • brew a cup/mug of tea/coffee
  • sit down
  • if you are chilly, wrap your hands around the mug 
  • take a few deep breaths
  • relax your shoulders
  • watch to steam rise from the mug
  • close your eyes
  • smell the tea/coffee
  • take a sip, notice the flavor, and the heat slip down your throat
  • notice the quality of the light around you, listen for sounds close by
  • thank your feet for getting you through the week so far
  • take another sip
  • just breathe
you can come back to your mug/cup anytime you decide to make a few minutes for relaxing. it's very simple and it's very good for you. and it's a little counter-culture this time of year.   :-)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I relaxed just reading your words!
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect.... I don't do too much for the festive season... but, I do some baking and today was butter tart day.
    I do have to say though...next time I'll do it over a two day period...like I cleverly did last year..... however, I did sip my tea...and enjoy looking out at the sunlit snow.... and lovely brilliant blue sky... then I had a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very relaxing...thaks for the invitation. can I put it on my blog????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nan

    BumbleVee, a nap! bliss!

    baukje, sure! or why not post a link?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a snowy day here to finally give me a chance to relax at last in one of my favorite ways...visiting friends' blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, thank you.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely - thanks for offering it as a relaxing idea

    ReplyDelete