inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

more handmade gifts


here's hope in a flower pot!

this morning i got sick of looking at the old, crackling plastic
sewing machine cover.
so i used it as a template and made this new one.
much better!

this is a "nerd kit" that i made for gretta this morning.
this afternoon, i'll make one for lindsey, too.

i used the pencil roll and needle roll technique to put it together.

it holds a bunch of goodies...
-a "rite in rain" spiral notebook
-a pocket magnifier
-a clear storage box
(all ordered from acorn naturalists)
-tweezers
-a sharpie pen
-a pencil
this is especially designed for the reed sisters,
who take a wee bit of pride in being nerdy, outdoorswomen.
easy to tuck into daypacks for
fun ramblings in the fields and woods!

here's lindsey's version, that i finished later this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. A cover for my sewing machine is on my to-do list, one day I will get round to it! I like the 'nerd kit' too!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sewing machine cover! i have a similar tea towel draped over my Big Shot (the die cutting machine for paper crafting)...didn't even think to shape it into a nice cover. I like the paperwhites sprouting and the nerd kits are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love the nerd kits....I wish I was more of a nerd and would actually use on of them! Lovely work Mom. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, we can train you to go nerd alerting with us, if you want.
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT MY NERD KIT!

    ReplyDelete