inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, June 28, 2010

wondrous fluttering and slithering

 there is magic all around our place in vermont.
here are two night time beauties out by the porch light!
sometimes they dance, sometimes they rest.
and, OH! the fireflies!
henry keeps me up at night, 
chattering as he watches them from the windowsill.
our friendly garter snake shed this amazing skin out in the grass.
imagine moulting your former self by sliding
yourself out through your mouth,
leaving behind this beautiful skin
complete with scales, eyes and nostrils!

happy birthday to batman yesterday, and  on the very same day, happy third anniversary of our discovery of our "bit of earth".

on friday, i went to the vermont quilt festival for the first time ever. quilts, vendors, demos galore. and i met my blogging friend paula, of quiltcat's mewsings, who is as sweet in person as she is online. she was one of my very first followers, and now we have plans to meet again next year. 

are you finding magic in your days?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, in fact I think I'm moulting! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    sounds dreamy at a bit of earth - I do love fireflies! Was just last week talking about snakes shedding their skin to my tutoring student - will show him your photos this week!! Synchronicity!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding snake skins - sort of creepy and magical at the same time. I've been to the quilt festival before, when I lived in the Upper Valley. Great stuff to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, I actually found a moth like that last week and had never seen one before. Nature's beauty (even snakeskins) is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of the moths, They are lovely creatures-just don't like them fluttering in my face!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete