inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

finding more comfort

local citrus...meyer lemon from our very own tree

There is power in knowing how to get oneself back on track. Here's my top ten how to's:
  • get better organized
  • eat better (and by candlelight)
  • take a walk
  • catch up with friends
  • get an update from the kids (and count my blessings)
  • read poetry and drink tea
  • pick up a needle and thread
  • stretch
  • work hard on something that needs to get done
  • see the big picture, while being present in the moment
Would you add or subtract anything?

7 comments:

  1. Your list looks my list (http://mommyhungry.blogspot.com/2011/08/falling-for-plan.html)! We ate by candlelight until it wasn't dark at dinnertime--best part is we made the candles ourselves (the rolled beeswax kind)!

    Good luck with your list. I'm just getting started on mine today (second day of school!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me cross 1/4 off the kids check in. Life is abundantly great. I got a night off yesterday after 4 on in a row. I played my uke, baked cookies, made a yummy fajita dinner, and feel much better now. Tomorrow? Boston!!!

    Good list, Marmie, and congrats on the lemon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good list, but I'd add taking a bath and also listening to a beloved piece of music. How wonderful that you have a lemon tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good and would also add take time to listen to a relaxation tape with soothing music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would add:

    Don't talk, be silent.....

    ReplyDelete