inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, May 6, 2013

handmade joy exchange 2013

I participated in the Handmade Joy Exchange  hosted by Anne last year and could not resist joining her again this year. Anne (of My Giant Strawberry) invited her readers from all over the world to send in their names. She then sent each of us the name of someone else to gift with a handmade surprise. Soon, crafty packages were flying from one end of the planet to the other.
I received a package from New Zealand, with this fun zippered pouch enclosed.
Stitched up by Sally Reynolds, there was also a sweet brooch enclosed.
I love her tagline, "Upcycling as fast as I can"! To see Sally's artwork click here and her handcrafty shop here.
I sent a package to Mara in Greece. She has two blogs. She writes about her family and crafty projects here. Her other blog is filled with beautiful images of Greece, and I could not resist stitching her a handmade gift that reflected all the Aegean blues I saw there.
I decided to use some of the lovely bee ribbon I had been hoarding in my sewing cupboard.
I also used a bit of the custom twill tape I had ordered from Lillalotta when she was having a sale earlier this spring. (I long to get back to my Etsy shop once we have shifted gears in the big scheme of life!)

I am very grateful to Anne for getting all of us organized...I'm guessing it took quite a bit of time and energy!

3 comments:

  1. That has been a real joy exchange! You made and received a beautiful gift.

    Oh, and I do love the Zen saying in your header.
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that you both created zippered pouches! They are both lovely. I'm so glad that you were able to participate in the exchange again this year. I'm still waiting for a couple people to receive their goodies, but it is amazing that all but the last two arrived speedily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my little pouch as does my daughter (she stole it) thank you for sharing your hoarded bee ribbon, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete