inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, August 18, 2014

squash blossom pizza, ready for the oven.
yellow salad.
roasted corn and cauliflower tacos.

all three recipes are simple, easy and fabulously delicious.
from this wonderful cookbook.

sometimes a kitchen, when filled with garden produce 
and/or local and farmers market goods,
prepared with love and attention,
can feel like a sanctuary.
the sharp knife, the cutting board and the bowl become 
sacred objects and the apron becomes a raiment.

body and soul,
nourished.

3 comments:

  1. When you first posted this book, I knew I had to have a copy. Collected Works, the locally owned bookstore in Santa Fe, had two copies. It is a beautiful book to have on hand.

    To keep the zucchini from growing too big, I've been making Accordion Zucchini for pot lucks and for drop in guests. With the fresh small and new potatoes coming available at farmers market, I made the Bay Potatoes.

    Earlier in the summer, I made the Asparagus Tart, using the olive oil tart dough recipe, from my other new favorite cookbook, An Everlasting Meal, Cooking with Economy and Grace by Tamar Adler.

    I especially like the Spiced Haroset with Zatar Flatbread, made from Trader Joe's deli-section pizza dough. I roll out the dough and quick bake it on an outdoor gas grill. The Haroset and flatbread recipes are on the Forest Feast website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholesome food for wholesome people, Karen!

    ReplyDelete