- quite the toboggan run, from beginning to end.
- a pre dinner 5-K run in the snow for some people.
- quilting/crafty time.
- the moment when we realized that I had forgotten to put sugar in the pumpkin pie and Batman got up, went into the kitchen and brought the 1/2 gallon jug of maple syrup to the table with a grin on his face.
- mimosas in the morning that ended up with sparkly magenta nail polish on my nails.
- chortling, game playing, napping, reading, walking and lots of dish washing.
- long distance phone calls to missing loved ones.
- thanking. more thanking.
Two faves you may enjoy...
Lindsey made buckwheat pancakes with this amazing topping, a puddle of pink sweet/tartness.
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
2/3 cup maple syrup
Bring to a gentle boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the berries begin to soften, but not popped, about 5 minutes. Serve over pancakes.
Three sisters casserole with cornbread topping, from Kripalu, link here.
Soaking up these days without structure, with warmth from the wood stove, with hands held around the table and a bit of silence before each meal...
Sending you warmth from the snowy mountains of Vermont...