inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, July 11, 2016

What an extraordinary week it was.

I am beyond weary with the "thoughts and prayers". The platitudes. The hand wringing. The "I don't know what to dos". I am not sure what else needs to happen in this country to get folks mobilized. 

How can we not feel called to do something?

At 60, I feel like there is still plenty of learning for me to do. Opening the way for uncomfortable realities. Owning my part in the trouble. Creating some sort of action plan.

Are you feeling uncomfortable and a bit helpless? I've been looking for help with expanding my own understanding of White Privilege and Institutional Racism and my role in it. There is so much going on in the media right now, it is hard to find our way through it all. 

I humbly offer a few gems...

One that may be hard but worthwhile, here.

One that will help you feel better, here

And something divine to listen to, here.

Have you found helpful words you'd be willing to share here? I would appreciate any help you may have to offer. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment