inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, March 24, 2017

happy birthday william morris

honeysuckle fabric
william morris design

I am going your way, so let us go hand in hand. You help me and I'll help you. We shall not be here very long ... so let us help one another while we may.

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.

Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not a misery, but the very foundation of refinement.

The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.

Beauty, which is what is meant by art, using the word in its widest sense, is, I contend, no mere accident to human life, which people can take or leave as they choose, but a positive necessity of life.

Creative genius extraordinaire William Morris was born 183 years ago today.  His gorgeous work is still reproduced today, in England. Take a peek here

His words above, remain true and inspiring today, yes?  

4 comments:

  1. love, love, love his work. I bought a piece of fabric this week in blues from the newest Barbara Brackman for Moda Best of Morris line. Just couldn't resist. Happy birthday sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.
    I think I may have to do look for that fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love William Morris - born on the same day as me! (Not on the same year though!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what fun to share a birthday with william morris! xo

      Delete