inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, July 28, 2017

hello again...









after days and days filled with delightful guests and inspiring travels, i find myself here at "a bit of earth" with a few quiet moments to savor summer in vermont. here are some snapshots you may enjoy...

-fabric procured at gather here in cambridge, ma.
-my japanese indigo, soaking up the sun in the garden.
-freckled lettuce. from the garden to the salad bowl in minutes. freshest.
-the blueberries are ready!!!
-black-eyed-susans and some of her cousins, filling the meadow with their fragrance.
-"green and white is always right", complete with lingering wedding memories.
-an open window in the kitchen, lentils soaking under a bamboo mat, destined for lemony marinated lentils from at home in the whole food kitchen, by amy chaplin.
-tiny wooden spoons, stored in a miniature abenaki pack basket, (with a prosecco cork celebrating the baby news), set by the kitchen sink. brings a smile each time i see it.
-print by jennifer judd-mcgee, purchased at her shop, swallowfield on mt. desert, me. "always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder."   -e.b.white

As we continue to watch the nonsense in our nation's capital unfold, I have found myself seeking out beauty and loveliness with great intention. It has become my summer treasure hunt...to visit places and see things that defy the darkness. Keep an eye on this space in the next few weeks...I'll do my best to share some of the things that have sustained me. 

"Life can sometimes be a wrestling match between love and fear. We can CHOOSE which to embrace. Every day. On my "to do" list? Breathe, hope, notice, invite, love, create, wonder, celebrate. "
-monday, january 19th, 2009...my very first day of blogging.

xo

12 comments:

  1. Been watching your Instagram photos and in so doing have also been sustained. Was delighted by your mummies in the copilot seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Look what spellcheck did to "mumsie" in my comment above! Sorry I didn't catch that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Karen! Such a lovely fresh and green post! Wonderful photos. You have a great eye for composition. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone! I do love to look through a camera lens and play with the framing...

      Delete
  4. This post, with photos of beautiful greens, memories and lovely art did provide some moments of beauty and loveliness, which I thank you for, Karen. Yes, we must defy the darkness. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping there's loveliness in your neck of the woods, Judy!

      Delete
  5. Something tells me that the color pallet of fabric will show itself in another form during the deep winter.

    I made the lemony marinated lentils. They were a hit at our dinner on the veranda.

    Congratulations on baby. ~~~smile~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love Amy's cookbook? What else have you tried?

      Delete
  6. Those bluebs look amazing! And I love the "baby" cork- can't wait to get some photos of her and her grandparents there too! (When she's fully cooked of course...) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so beautiful. I love to be able to get these glimpses of a very different life - and to see black-eyed susans growing in their natural environment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete