inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, December 2, 2017

december 2, 2017







Oh friends, the news has been so heavy...I have not had much to say over here. Last night's tax overhaul has made me nauseous, maybe you too?  We are headed for grim times unless we all stand up and roar. (I'm working on that. Let's talk about it next week, shall we?)

But today, Batman and I are prepping our "bit of earth" for our friends and family weekend. We've put up some modest decorations and cleaned the house and baked some goodies. Tomorrow, folks are coming by between 1:00PM and sunset to cut a Solstice/Christmas/Celebratory tree here, and we are asking for a donation to the Vermont Land Trust in return. (We have giant trees and tiny trees and lots of sizes in between. ) It is a small something that we can do to bring light and hope to our neck of the woods.

Light and hope.

xo

6 comments:

  1. I too feel sick over this tax bill. It seems a darkness has taken over Washington. Your pictures offer hope for better days ahead and brings light to Vermont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was coming to your friends and family weekend! Your home looks beautifully welcoming Karen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sick, I cannot even think anymore. Ever since Scott Walker pushed SB10 thru the legislature back in 2011, it seems there has been a big snowball headed for hell. A people united.....

    ReplyDelete