inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, April 11, 2019

holy smokes!

Very early on Saturday morning I medicated the heck out of my head cold and headed to the airport in Manchester, NH. I hopped onto a flight to Detroit. 
Hannah met me at the airport and we went straight to Sister Pie! We split a spring salad (potatoes, cabbage, black beans and daikon radish with turmeric dressing) We ate sweet potato, black bean and feta hand pies. For dessert I had a buckwheat chocolate chip cookie.  The shop was crazy busy, but Lisa gave me a hug. :-) Sister Pie is just a magical little spot, filled with big hearted people and good grub. They are changing the world with cookies and pies and wide smiles.

Today, Sister Pie made a very exciting announcement...you can see it here

Saturday night Lindsey and Scott hosted a fun supper party with friends and we had a salted maple pie from Sister Pie for dessert. 
On Sunday, Lindsey, Hannah and I found some time to shop at The Rust Belt Market, where I found kindred creative spirit Katie, whose ceramic work (above) reminded me of my own indigo work. You can see more of her work at her website, here. I may have tucked a few of her gems into my suitcase...
I do love spending time with our grown children in their own spaces. And catching up with some of their friends who have become my friends as well. And meeting new ones. Both girls are busy with end of semester deadlines...Lindsey finishing her first year in a Masters of Social Work program and Hannah deep into her role as a College Counselor with high school kids. I am grateful we grabbed a few days together. 
When I got home yesterday, I found the newest issue of the posh magazine Quiltfolk in our mailbox. The latest issue is all about our brave little state of Vermont. What a delight to see so many of the things I love about Vermont reflected in these thoughtful stories. From Laura McDowell Hopper's stunning crop circle quilts displayed at Billings Farm, to Emma Cutler's work shown at Dog Mountain, to the smiling faces of my VTMQG buddies and everything in between! My heart skipped a beat when I got to page 80 and I saw a photo of "Up on Braintree Hill"! Stitched for our guild's first gallery show, it was included in the story about our guild, written by the spunky Jenni Grover. Filled with gratitude for our guild...kindred spirits who both support and challenge one another on our creative journeys.
That's where I've been! What have you been up to lately, friends?

1 comment:

  1. just life as usual, huh? big grin over here on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete