inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

spring bunnies

i'm working on another pillow.
we almost always create a spring tree, 
bringing a branch into the house,
putting it in a vase filled with water,
encouraging it to leaf out a wee bit early.
this one, potted in a dedham ware vase,
holds eggs made by the kids years ago.
here you can see some of the leaves budding.
the glass bunny dish came from my gram's.
the mini tea cup is dedham ware as well,
and the pitcher came from the lake district in england.
if you are in need of a lovely, sweet movie,
(beatrix, the gifted illustrator was also a visionary conservationist).

and here's a tutorial for some very clever bunny finger puppets.
(thank goodness they are sold out!).

the past two days have been wet, windy and grey.
again.
i needed some spring cheer...so i thought bunnies.
how about you?


6 comments:

  1. Great Spring tree and I love the little Beatrix Potter pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would always make a spring tree too, with the branches of forsythia.

    Miss Potter is one of my most favorite movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a cheery post, Karen. Love the pillow, the trees, and I had seen those finger puppets - too cute!
    Dryer here today - hope it is for you also.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely embroidery, I really like the pattern you've created. And thanks for the movie recommendation. I just saw reference to it somewhere else. I think I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you've reminded me of how behind I am in bringing spring in! Thanks! Must go clip some branches now and set out my own bunnies.

    ReplyDelete