inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

evolution of some ATC's

I've been at my Mumsie's for a few days, for another "artsy craftsy extravaganza". Here are the artist trading cards I made to take along.

Working off of this idea, I worked on these here.  And added more stitching here...
I used variegated rayon thread to do the free motion stitching for the trunks/grasses.

I also fused a "mountain range"...
and cut some yellow spirals from fused fabric...
then I sliced the mountains into the traditional ATC size and added the spirals, and did a bit of stitching with rayon thread.
I ended up with four ATC's that created a little panorama when lined up together. I had used this idea once before for a series of postcards that Gretta and I made together. (She finished off the left side, I did the right side of that series). 
Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the cards that my Mumsie and my friend Judy made.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I especially like the full moon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the mountain series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance...
    oh reed - WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Karen. The photos don't even do them justice - they are even more beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness..those are wonderful
    pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete