inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

patience is a virtue, right?

The rickety, old trundle beds up in Vermont have been disposed of. The twin beds from Connecticut are now in the back bedroom at our "bit of earth" in Vermont. I made these two "Chinese coin" quilts years apart and yet their common, sunny yellows make them lovely companions.

We are clearing out the upstairs of the house in Connecticut to have old carpet pulled up and hardwood floors laid down.  We will enjoy the new floors and they sing "resale value" as we check things off the list.


I am trying to cultivate patience, but it's always been a challenge for me. Here are two quotes I come back to again and again.

"The greatest prayer is patience"...siddhartha guatama (buddha)


"Have patience and the mulberry leaf will become silk"...spanish proverb


Do you have wisdom about patience that you might share with me?

5 comments:

  1. Those beds and quilts look so lovely, Karen.
    I don't have much patience either, but I do love that second quotation.
    I always tell myself the old adage, "patience is a virtue"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No patience wisdom to share, alas. For me, patience is at least 50% dependent on hope, so keeping hope alive is half the challenge. Seeing pictures of your robin's nest, as well as your own "nest," help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ideas on patience, but I love the new downstairs look...can't wait to sleep down there this summer! Unless I decide to tent out!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always thought patience was for other people to deal with...yet one of my personal mantras is "all things come to those who wait"...love the new look at "bit of earth", too tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah patience is something I've been trying to cultivate over the years myself. I have no advice on how to do that!

    What a wonderful "bit of earth" to look forward to though!

    ReplyDelete