inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, September 22, 2014

b-r-e-a-t-h-e

Yoga is seeing life the way it is.
-Patanjali's Yoga Sutras

As Batman and I worked our way through a few years of downsizing, sprucing up, enduring a long time on the real estate market, packing, moving, settling in and dealing with surprising medical challenges, we had our dream of living in Vermont full time front and center. It is what kept us focused and moving forward despite getting weary and worn along the way. 

But it took a toll. 

Going to Kripalu has been on my bucket list for ages, and this past weekend I went to the Berkshires and had a 48 hour retreat from absolutely everything. I reconnected with yoga and was able to find ways to come back to a practice that I had abandoned after my knee replacements 7 years ago. I ate nothing but nourishing, whole and delicious food. I had fine conversations with strangers/kindred spirits. I found my way back to myself.

Wow. Just wow.

Now I am seeing life the way it is even more than I had before...

sunflower petals, blown by the night's stormy winds,
scattered amidst the beets, still in the ground.
zucchini, blooming even as the leaves are blackened by frost.
pie pumpkins, strutting their stuff


Happy last day of summer, dear friends. And for goodness sake, remember to b-r-e-a-t-h-e.
xo

6 comments:

  1. So happy you were able to get away, Karen. Yes, a gift to yourself is as important as those you make for others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love autumn, love the colours and the feeling of it.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your chance to renew in a big way. Off to my own renewal spot today on the island to reconnect with my sewing machine:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I was forgetting to do something...breathe...how liberating and inspiring...maybe I will get 10 pages written for the writer's conference...thanks for the reminder...xxoo tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reminders, Karen. So glad you were able to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very happy for you, Karen. Seems like this was a perfect retreat and renewal for you. May the wonderful effects of it continue in your life.

    ReplyDelete