- another cord of wood, stacked neatly into the woodshed (being full-timers, we now take winter even more seriously!)
- the pumpkins are going from blush to full-on orange, tucked under their spiney leaves.
- our first crop of onions, looking good.
- we grew so many beautiful carrots that a bunch of them went to the local food bank.
- last week it was summer, and then a storm that brought sparkling droplets cooled us off to autumn. just*like*that.
- i woke early and caught the harvest moon, setting in the west, as this season's typical "valley mist" rolled through.
Oh, the food we are eating...harvested, prepared and eaten within hours.
Pinch me. Is this real?