- MAKING THINGS. Like turmeric lemonade (rich in anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties). I used raw honey from our CSA over at anchor light farm. Recipe from Amy Chaplin's at home in the whole food kitchen, one of my ongoing favorite cookbooks. It looks like sunshine in a pitcher!
- READING. Just finished When Breath Becomes Air. Quite a fine read. Find it here or at your local library. I'm in the middle of Krista Tippett's new book, Becoming Wise. If you are feeling weary of current events, this book will help you find some hope. I used Vermont's excellent inter-library loan system to borrow a copy.
- WRITING. Post cards to folks in Washington, D.C. I've been thanking some and sending some a piece of my mind. I'll let you guess who's who.
- SEWING. A baby quilt is in the planning stages, for a newborn in Indiana. A wall hanging to celebrate a wedding that happened in January is on the cutting mat. Some mending, a birthday gift or two and something for our VTMQG challenge (and it is a serious challenge!)
- PLANNING the garden and ORDERING seeds. (Batman is pining for a roto-tiller!)
- DONATING blood. An offering in memory of Erin.
How about you? Do you have any book recommendations? Recipes to try? Projects you're working on?
How are you finishing up the short month of February?