inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, May 25, 2017

still catching up...




Early on Sunday my Mumsie and brother Doug arrived from Massachusetts for a quick, 24 hour visit. After thick slabs of coffee cake, Batman and Doug started work on the deck railings and my Mumsie and I headed out to buy some Japanese Indigo seedlings here. I made a little balsam sachet for Jennifer (I do love to make tokens of appreciation!) made from cloth I dyed with indigo plants I bought there last year. The new seedlings are planted here at our "bit of earth" and are being drenched (which they love) by a steady rain this afternoon. Safely railed, the deck feels ready for boisterous conversation, small supper gatherings, afternoon tea parties and quiet reflection. A few pots of flowers and we'll be good to go. Hauling old cedar siding out from under the crawl space, Doug whipped up an impromptu lattice screen to hide said crawl space. Later in the afternoon, we painted more coats on the walls in the three season porch and put up trim around the ceiling. Doug has just one speed and it's full steam ahead. I so appreciate that he has showered us with his skill and loving attention here at our "bit of earth".  And having my Mumsie on site, supervising the many projects was an added bonus. 

In the meantime, everything has popped into flower...the crab apples, the lilacs, the pear trees, the forget-me-nots, the grape hyacinths and the daffodils. The dandelions are having a banner year, with fields swathed in their cheerful yellow carpets.

Life is brimming and full...and there's so much more ahead...

2 comments:

  1. speaking of yellow carpets...the paths in our west meadow are the only places dandelions are able to find a foothold. They look like the yellow brick road when in bloom but now that their seedheads are puffballs, the paths look like bubble roads!
    just love seeing all the progress over at your place. I say YES to all of the suggestions for that newly railinged deck. Nice to have your Mumsie on hand. Enjoy this Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that image of a yellow brick road!

      Delete