inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, May 8, 2017

tiny treasures

i just came in from a little ramble around the yard.
it looked like rain, so i hurried along.
i was wrong.
it's a snow squall that chased me in.
it swept across the valley and is swirling 
around the corners of the house.

scilla and hyacinth,
a bit of birch...
tucked gently into my pocket.

a fossil,
some small rocks...
from my treasure trove
of tiny things.

maybe i'm channeling the collectors of long ago,
like beatrix potter (did you know she was a botanist?)
and charles darwin
and some funky and quaint museums, too.

do you have treasures from the natural world
tucked into your home?


3 comments:

  1. I am a collector of all kinds of natural treasures, from stone to wood, so there are pieces of rock, pebbles, flintstone and so many different pieces of stone and wood from all places I traveled to around the globe. From Australia to just around the corner of my home. I keep/treasure them in special display boxes with glass lids, put in my window sill.
    Cheers!

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooh!
      i will send you some little treasures from vermont!
      xo

      Delete
  2. I love the way your post reads like poetry! Beautiful picture too - these things are very precious.

    ReplyDelete