inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, October 1, 2018

Oh, October

 I lit a candle at dawn on the morning of the hearings
and held Christine Blasey Ford in the Light,
along with every-single-other-survivor out there.

I listened to the hearings until I had to attend an event at the 
Old Labor Hall in Barre, VT.
When there is a lot at stake in a situation, I look for signs.
I bumped onto this beauty in the basement of the hall. 
I was taught that there are surely at least two sides to a story.
Indeed there are.
It's just that some stories are powerful in
their stark and uncomfortable truth.
Some are blurred by privilege, power and complicity.
Some truths are flipped after research,
or the passage of time.

It can be distressing to wade through such raw feelings,
such upset.

Are you eating carefully, sleeping enough, 
getting some respite from the 24/7 newsfeed?

Are you reaching out to friends, breathing deeply,
doing some good self care?

I am here for you, dear friends.
Leave a comment or e-mail me
if you need some support right now.  
On Saturday, I helped hang the show.
Four of us made short work of the project
and went out for lunch afterwards.
Kindred spirits.
Stitching sisters.
We are not alone.
And today.
The first of October.
My very favorite month of the year.

 It will be hard for many of us here in Vermont to concentrate
 for the next few weeks.
Mother Nature will pull us over to the side of the road,
she’ll stop us dead in our tracks,
she’ll make us late for meetings,
she’ll cause our eyes to tear up.

Check back often.
I'll be here.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Like a spider testing her silks, I check the lines of cyberspace connections often to steady myself. Always a gift of grace to find your threads woven to mine. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely thought. Indeed, we are woven, so many of us, one to another. xo

      Delete