inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, October 5, 2018

where's your focus these days?

Wilma and Coraźon,
perched on the windowsill in my sewing studio,
on chipmunk patrol.
Four eyes are better than two?

I say we follow the lead of my beloved kitties today.

Dearest readers,
LOOK AWAY FROM MEDIA TODAY!
FOCUS ON HOPE.

I don't think we want to hear 
the roar of righteousness
that is going on in Washington D.C. today,
do we?

Instead, I invite you to explore the fun over at
the MacArthur Fellows Program.
The most recent 25 new "Genius" Awards
were announced yesterday.

Check out the fabulous winners
HERE.

Just looking at the faces of these winners gives me hope.

"It's much more radical,
much more daring,
and much more dangerous to hope."
-Mary Karr

(via On Being)

3 comments:

  1. I would much rather look at your kitties any day, and especially now! Corazon must be muy pequeño because Wilma looks huge next to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora is only 6 months old, so I think she still has some growing to do! xo

      Delete
  2. I was especially happy to see the Rev. William Barber named a recipient. Nevertheless, he persists!

    Also, the Nobel Peace Prize recipients!! What a great message to the world there.

    ReplyDelete