inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

"summer sampler" block of the month

 I do so love the way inspiration often comes from synchronicity.

My cousin Kristen gifted me this lovely book for Christmas,

In December, I decided to jump on the Block of the Month bandwagon,
joining other members of the Vermont Modern Quilt Guild.
"Summer Sampler" by Fresh Lemon Quilts is underway!
You can read more about it here.

This lovely bird illustration caught my eye and I decided
to use the colors for my blocks.
The blocks become available on the first Monday of each month,
but our guild started the project in October 2018,
so I have some catching up to do.

In honor of being PRODUCTIVE,
I made time this afternoon to sew up the first block.
And I pledge to stitch the second block tomorrow. 

Thanks for sharing your words for the year...
I look forward to hearing about your progress!

xo

2 comments: