inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, February 1, 2019

accountability challenge

Goodbye January. You were not kind to our family, and I am delighted to see February take your place. In an effort to refocus on my word for 2019, productivity, I've jotted down some things I want to be sure to accomplish in the creative neighborhood of my life. I'm revisiting the accountability game I've played with you before, friends. I pledge to get this list of things accomplished by the end of February.

How about you? Do you have any languishing projects that you'd like to finish? Or maybe you have something you'd like to try for the very first time. Do you have a deadline you are trying to meet? Maybe you just have a batch of new recipes you'd like to try.

If you'd like to come along with me on this accountability adventure, take a bit of time to consider what you would like to commit to. Write it down on a piece of paper. Keep it somewhere in plain sight so it will serve as a gentle reminder. Share it here in the comments if you really want to be accountable.

To ease your shyness, I am going to do some full disclosure. I'm going to prove to you just how long two of these projects have been hanging around my studio...

  • This quilt has been under construction since 2009. I am going to have a member of our VTMQG quilt it for me. I have never had a quilt stitched by a professional before, but this is a special one. I am highly motivated to get this into Karen's hands by our next gathering, February 10th. 
  • This sweater has been on the needles since 2011. I finished knitting it in October, now it just needs to be sewn at the seams and blocked.
(Good grief.)

So...I pledge to post updates with photos of my progress, and to offer you encouragement on your projects.

Let's do this!

xo


2 comments:

  1. I have an unfinished quilt in my cedar chest that I started in 1990.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved to know that I'm not the only one to have projects on the go for years:) I have a quilt that was started three years ago, that I'm committed to finishing by the end of February, and a knitted cardi that ground to a halt because I struggled with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete