inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

hello again

 February added insult to January's injury
and landed me in bed for a week with the flu.
Even though I had a flu shot.
Eye roll.
At least the nursing staff was attentive.
 There was lots of sleeping.
And quiet meditation in the afternoon sun.
 The view offered respite
at all times of the day and night.
My friend Orion has been bending near.
 The bulbs have been coming up from the root cellar
to cheer me along the road to recovery.
And these two have really been a comfort,
Batman too. xo

I missed Book Club and our
Vermont Modern Quilt Guild meeting.
:-(

I've been upright for two days now.
Small victories!

Looking forward to reconnecting with you all here.
Accountability challenge,
Ted Kooser poetry,
Tula Tuesday squares
and all sorts of other things...

Right now?
A mug of herbal tea and a spot at the 
window, where I can see the next snowstorm
blowing in across the valley!

3 comments:

  1. We missed you and so nice to see you back. I'm sure the rest was most healing and offered you time to be in silence. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been sick and had to miss book club (what was the book?) and quilt guild. I just LOVE how Wilma and Corazon snuggle together...I'm glad they provided attentive care and comfort. Hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flu..oh ick...but rest is what you need
    Beautiful fur balls
    Ted koozer....hmmm..thanks..I had forgotten about him
    ...now upstairs to my bookcase
    Get well!

    ReplyDelete