inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, September 30, 2019

busy days









  • glorious vermont sugar maple foliage. 
  • crabapples by the kitchen window.
  • crabapple jelly, cooked up by batman. #retirementfun
  • sunflowers.
  • indigo blossoms.
  • indigo leaves and stems.
  • linen, dyed with indigo last weekend.
  • linen and cotton, dyed this weekend with avocado skins and pits (left), and tansy blossoms (right). 
The days are tripping over one another during this season of urgency. What needs to happen in the gardens before the first frost, any day now? And what needs to be done before the snow flies? Did you make an appointment to swap the snow tires yet? Did you close the door to the hoop house, or shall I? The coyotes are singing every night now, sometimes so close to the house that Cora and Wilma look worried (if cats can look worried). I went out to the car this morning on my way to the gym in capris and sandals. I thought it was chilly, and when I started the car, the thermometer registered 37! Thank goodness I had grabbed my sweatshirt!

Check back tomorrow for Tuscan Tuesday. Later this week I'll catch you up on that quilt I wrote about a while back...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment