inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, September 26, 2019

sentimental stitching




Recently I was reminded of how fabric and stitching can connect us to one another, even across miles...and sometimes even lifetimes. I made this Komebukuro bag in memory of Alice, a woman I never met., who gifted me this sweet Japanese bunny fabric years ago. I sent the bag to someone very dear to me, who was a friend of Alice's. Stitiching circles of love just never gets old.

The pattern, crafted by kzstevens is available here.

To see other versions of the Modern Japanese Rice Bag look here and here.

Have you done any sentimental stitching? I'd love to hear about it if you have. Or have you received a stitched gift that helped to feel connected to the maker?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment