inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

driving mr henry

Henry and I are safely home after driving from VT to CT without stopping (4 hours door to door). This sign, "frost heaves", is posted right down the road from our place in VT. It's a dirt road and very well maintained by our town's dedicated road crew. The most hazardous driving conditions exist when the road is somewhere in between frozen and thawed.  In fact, Vermont boasts five seasons in a year, one of them being the famous MUD SEASON.  Right now, there are deep ruts, looks almost like corduroy.  When the ruts are muddy, it's bad enough, but when the ruts freeze, driving can feel like an amusement park ride!  Even a local or two has had to be towed out of an occasional predicament.  And there is more snow forecast for tomorrow. 

By the time we got to our neighborhood in CT, the challenges were the human kind...tailgating, non-existent use of turn signals and ignoring stop signs.  For so many reasons, I really do think I was born a country mouse...

I can't wait to find some time to get into my sewing room/studio in the next few days!  I have been pacifying myself with knitting, but that is just a minor distraction... 


2 comments:

  1. Glad that you and Monsieur Henri have made it safely back from Vermont! My eyes played tricks on me and i read that you thought you were born a country moose...oops!! appropriate to backwoods New England, but not what you meant *lol*. I hope you get to spend some satisfying time in your sewing studio real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...sometimes I FEEL like a moose.

    ReplyDelete