inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, April 20, 2009

while I'm away

My friend Franny has been traveling a lot lately. She's had a friend of hers staying at her house and looking after her very cool cat, Stokely, while she's away. Colleen is a gardener and a farmer who also loves to knit and felt. Before Franny left on her adventures (a month on a train journey in Australia with Elderhostel!!!), Colleen presented her with this "traveling Stokely". She had knit and felted a miniature Stokely cat for Franny to tuck in her luggage! How cool is that?

This is a picture of traveling Stokely visiting my house. He was a very good house guest.

3 comments:

  1. What I found most interesting about this picture (when I enlarged it) is the row of wall hangings up on the wall. Love the little felted kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, that is the series I did when I took the art quilts class with Jane and Elin in 2003. Our class used a loose leaf notebook to collect the pages that Jane and Elin handed out each week...and now it's a book! With a sequel!

    I did the series in memory of my Dad, who had died earlier that year. It was such a healing project and led me to some self-discovery, too. I had never done a series before. I recommend undertaking a series if you have not done one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this explanation, Karen.
    I know that your mom has a beautiful little hanging in her dining room that you had made. I always stare at it when I'm visiting. Yes, I would like to try a series. I like the way you have displayed these, also.

    ReplyDelete