inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, May 14, 2009

working on new habits (i am such a creature of old habits)

a short, damp walk is better than no walk at all
I am mostly a tea at home kind of girl. But I do like a cafe mocha from the coffee joint...
I'm trying to remember to bring a mug, and leave the paper cups and plastic lids behind the counter.  They even take a few pennies off your drink when you bring your own mug. 
Those pennies will go into the tractor fund jar. :-}

Now that I have tamed the random fabric scraps, I vow to keep them 
under control
Can't remember where I heard this, but I love it:
It's easier to keep up than catch up.

And perhaps the most challenging new habit I am trying to develop is 
keeping the island in the kitchen CLEAR.
It's very hard to do.
But I am working on it.

Because for me, order cultivates creativity and space to breathe. 

5 comments:

  1. Good job you can't see my workspace then!!!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas, Karen! I've been trying to keep my kitchen table clear, so we're on the same wavelength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that phrase - I need to print it out and post it on my desk!

    Also love WSHU...

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. For you, it's the island. For me, it's the kitchen table (and sadly, sometimes the dining room table).

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems that I am not alone in my struggles to keep flat surfaces clear!

    ReplyDelete