inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, December 12, 2009

more fog...

Today is our third annual "friends and family" cut-your-own-tree party up at our "bit of earth" in Vermont.
And tomorrow we host a modest tree cutting fundraiser for the Vermont Land Trust.

But woe is me!
This germ fog that Gretta and I have been lost in these last few days is very thick.
We cannot find our way out.
We are housebound in Connecticut.
Batman and Lindsey (who are healthy and in Vermont), report that there is fresh snow and a sunny, crisp day, perfect for sledding and sawing.
Gretta and I have created our own "bit of earth" here in Connecticut, with Santa serving carrots to the forest critters... 

Sometimes the devil fools with the best laid plans, eh?

So, for heaven's sake, people...hydrate, get enough sleep, and eat healthy, OK?  

And HAPPY HANNUKAH, to anyone lighting candles on a Menorah!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry you are ill at such a lovely time, Karen. I love your Santa vignette and I'm sure having Gretta there is some consolation.
    Wishing you a feel-better morning when you wake up tomorrow!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I love your holiday decorations:)

    ReplyDelete