inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, November 9, 2012

I keep on swallowing...

 It has been a tumultuous few weeks, 
for our nation and in my own life,
with many bright highs and 
more than a fair share of challenges and near misses.
But this is tearing most fiercely at my tender heart. 

No one ever told me that grief felt so much like fear.
The same fluttering in the stomach, 
the same restlessness,
the yawning.
I keep on swallowing.
-C. S. Lewis

A life long lesson...
"e"very morning that we wake up is a blessing.
Breathe it in, absorb it, and take it out into the world
wherever you go.

Spread the love.
Do not take it for granted.
xo

5 comments:

  1. What an awful tragedy:( You are right; we never know. I think I'll go hug my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending my love, Karen. And prayers for comfort for all touched by such sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you, the victims' families, and the entire Earlham community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and support from the Midwest to you and all the Earlham community, Karen. Holding you in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post, Karen. SUCH sadness. I'm so very sorry for you and all affected by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete