inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, October 7, 2014



On Sunday, I made the long drive from Vermont to my other favorite place, Mt Desert Island, Maine. The foliage was gorgeous as the miles rolled along under the wheels, and there was plenty of time for quiet thinking.

I had not been to MDI since the summer of 2011, and I had that funny rush of homecoming as I drove over the causeway and onto the island. And then there was the warmth of hugging a dear and best friend who I haven't seen in ages, and all the catching up we had to do. Franny and I have been friends since the mid 1980's. All four of our kids grew up in the comfort of her love and to this day they call her their Fairy Godmother.

Within a few hours, Franny had helped me solve a long paralyzing knitting snafu and made me weep with laughter at the dinner table. (We know how to embrace the important things in life!).

Here are some pictures I took at Seawall yesterday, a favorite place to ramble on the rocks, breathe deeply and watch the boats sail in and out of Southwest Harbor.

We have so much to pack into the next few days...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Maine, but clearly I need to go. So glad you've had such a wonderful time with a dear friend in a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Maine! There is nothing like reuniting with a dear friend, and I'm so happy that you are enjoying your visit!

    ReplyDelete