inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

birthday wishes

last night, batman put this little treat* down in front of me.
i inhaled a breath to blow out the candle
and a wave of emotion swept over me.

what i have wished for on every birthday 
for as long as i can remember
has
come

TRUE.

my eyes welled with tears and i looked 
across the table at batman.

i said,
"my wish has come true!"

and maybe his eyes glistened too.

what an astonishing thing,
to have a dream come true.

it is still hitting me,
nearly a year later.

i can't tell you what i wished for last night,
maybe it will come true, too.
xo

*a treat from the bakery at King Arthur Flour. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that your wish finally came true. I hope that last nights wish comes true too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. And happiest of happy birthdays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice..thanks for sharing with us..
    On your marriage anniversary wishes find the best quote to surprise your partner.

    ReplyDelete