inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

walk with me?

we'll head out past one of the birdhouses...
and follow the path through the balsams...
down to the beech grove,
carpeted in soft and silent leaves.
the sky is heavy with moisture...
that hangs in sparkling droplets from the branches.
 some of the birchbark is curling on the trunks...
 battered by the fierce winds, stripped free from their moorings
and floating on the breeze.
this bit was caught, mid-flight, on the needles of a balsam,
waving its subtle beauty as i walked by.

i had my gathering basket with me.
acorn caps, birchbark and bits of lichen
have been tucked into my sewing studio.

on monday night batman called me on his way home from work.
(he doesn't usually do that.)
"i've stopped on the ridge, you've got to come see the moon!"
i drove down that way and pulled off the road at the meeting house.
the sky around the moon had turned orange behind the bare branches.
the last few leaves rattled in the mild breeze.
oh friends,
do not doubt that there is still much 
holiness in this world.
xo

10 comments:

  1. Sending deep appreciation for your offering of this shared experience to walk with you. My days are filled with several different long walks through this old mining town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to think of how many of us find solace in walks, away from the ragged and frayed news of the day. xo

      Delete
  2. I did enjoy our walk. We couldn't see the moon: it was overcast....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE reading about all of your epic walks! Sorry you missed the moon, it was lovely. xo

      Delete
  3. Thank you for a wonderful walk. I wish I had a romantic husband asking me to come and see the moon! We had thick cloud here so the beautiful full moon was hid behind the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the walk, Simone. Thank goodness that the moon is full every month, so that we can enjoy its magic fairly often...xo

      Delete
  4. This post is like a prayer - so quiet and beautiful, Karen. Thank you so much for taking us into your world, our world of nature and beauty. I feel blessed to have come along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I call it my "church in the woods". I am so glad you joined me here. xo

    ReplyDelete