inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, December 1, 2016

world aids day 2016


Today I am remembering all the young men we lost when I worked as a volunteer in the mid-80's. AIDS was rampant and scary back then. I learned so much about compassion and grace from those guys. And courage. 

I still remember each of them. 

Progress has been made, for sure, but a cure is still elusive. 

There are so many things that can get in the way of a long and healthy life.  I see this every time I walk into the hospital as a volunteer chaplain. Truly, sometimes life can seem like a crap shoot.

The one thing I am sure of is the power of love. It's a powerful force and perhaps our greatest hope.

I invite you to walk into the month of December with me...filled with intention to greet each day, each person, each situation as the sacred gift that it is. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment