inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, January 9, 2017

a teaser and some fun links



The teaser::
There's something very sentimental coming up at the end of January. I'm doing some experimenting and planning and stitching. I'll share details at the end of this week. :-)

The links::
From the Moth Radio Hour, a story about jury duty that cracked my heart wide open.

A few weeks ago Batman and I went to see a live performance by Darlingside, a band we had never heard of before. Now I listen to them all*the*time. Four college buddies who are getting a name for themselves, they are based in Massachusetts and currently on tour in Europe. Click here and select the video titled "go back".

This is a lovely story about farming with horses, via npr. Listening to this story reminded me of our neighbors over the ridge at Anchor Light Farm, our local CSA. 

On Being recently rebroadcast an interview with Maria Popova of Brain Pickings fame. It is worth another listen, especially these days. 

My Instagram feed is filling up with so much activism, hope, resistance and creativity that I am encouraged. There are kindred spirits in this world and I imagine holding hands with all of you in a strong circle of solidarity where the circle widens to welcome new folks whenever they wander by.

“He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic , rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him In !
-Edwin Markham


1 comment: