inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

tula tuesday::week 6


another tula tuesday block, inspired by lizi boyd's fun
children's book, I Wrote You a Note.

(lizi's illustration on the left, my interpretation on the right).

from tula pink's City Sampler, block #28.


here's a peek at how the four lizi-inspired blocks look together.
do you smell what i'm cookin'?

Three other fun quilting related items...

1.)  Those portraits of Michelle and Barack Obama that were unveiled yesterday?  Gorgeous! If the dress that Michelle was painted in has awoken a little twinge of deja vu in you, listen to this brief interview with the artist, Amy Sherald, on NPR yesterday. 

2.)  Did you know that Ken Burns is a quilt enthusiast? My friend Ellen sent me this link from the New York Times a while back. Fascinating.

3.)  Do any of you follow Rita over at Red Pepper Quilts? She is a wonderful quilter and has recently posted pictures she took while at the Tokyo Quilt Festival. The beauty of the quilts is simply jaw dropping. Check out this link to her blog. It's worth the time, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Began my morning watching the unveilings. Put such a positive spin on my day.
    Love where your Lizi/Tula quilt is going.
    Happy heart day dear lady.

    ReplyDelete