inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, June 11, 2018

for your consideration

 Sometimes we drop everything and show up for one another, right?
On Wednesday morning I packed a bag and drove south 
to lend a hand to a very dear friend in need.

I was reminded again that patience, faith, and hope
can help us navigate difficult times. 

I was reminded again that gratitude can be
profoundly deep and humbling.
The surgeons at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary at Mt Sinai, 
in partnership with someone whose selflessness motivated them
 to check "donor" on their driver's license,
have given my friend a chance at restored vision in her one "good" eye. 

What a life changing gift!

I am back in Vermont now, 
soaking in these gorgeous June days,
with a renewed appreciation for 
the selfless generosity of strangers.

Have you checked the "donor" box on your driver's license?
Have you shared your wishes with your family?
Have you filed an Advance Medical Directive with your doctor?

I am happy to talk with you, dear readers,
if you have any questions about organ donation.

xo

p.s. Silver lining...I had a short and sweet visit with my grand baby, 
Maggie B and her mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment