inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, May 9, 2020

here and there







Last weekend it was nearly 70 degrees here and we spent much of the time outdoors, soaking in the hope that these warmer days bring. Alas, this morning, a week later, we woke to 3 inches of snow. And it has snowed all day long, with a peek of sunshine in between the squalls. After our zoom book club meeting last night, we all ran out to rescue our daffodils just as the snow started. 

We drove a bit south one evening and splurged on our first maple creemee of the season (a Vermont treat...soft serve flavored with real maple syrup). If you ever come to visit, we'll go get some.

Our road these past few weeks has reminded me of Dorothy's yellow brick road, but ours is lined with coltsfoot, a wildflower that grows in ditches and railroad shoulders. 

My brother out in Portland, OR got himself a sweet little kitten. The film he is working on does not require the usual travel, and due to our stay-at-home situation, he finally felt like he has time and space in his life for a cat. I made a few cat toys from scraps I found on the floor of this factory last time I was there and sent them off to welcome my feline nephew. xo

So, that's my ramble for today. The days continue to be filled with both dreadful news and bits of hope and compassion. It's just the way things are right now.

Breathing in, exhaling slowly. 

"If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath." -Amit Ray

Thank you, friends, for your recent comments and emails. I really do appreciate them. If you would like a personal bit of snail mail, email me your address. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment