inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, August 14, 2020

some friday links


Hi friends,
Thought you might appreciate some interesting alternatives to the daily news, which these days is unbearable. 
Black Krim tomatoes, sun gold cherry tomatoes and zebra tomatoes are piling up on the kitchen counter. We are tucking a bumper crop of green bell peppers into the freezer...sliced, chopped...ready for winter soups and stews and chilis and stir fries. The onions are beginning to flop over, the carrots are ready to pull and it's time to tidy up the root cellar. The days are still steamy, but the evenings are cooling down nicely.

Yesterday Maggie and I had a zoom call. We each played with a pile of Duplo blocks, even though we are about 300 miles apart. I read her a story, too, and we chatted about an adventure she took to the shore one morning. We have not yet met Flora in Detroit, but we see lots of photos nearly every day. Weird times.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Yes, these are weird times, but how wonderful that technology can link people together when we are far apart.
    How wonderful that your crops are yielding such abundance!
    I am so chuffed to realize that I can leave comments on my friends' blogs when using my iPad - it has been a while since I've been able to do that! Stay well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! iPad to the rescue for comments!

    ReplyDelete