inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

happy birthday mumsie!

this morning i got up early, hopped in my car 
and drove to my brother doug's in massachusetts.
today is our mumsie's birthday and she had no clue i was 
coming up to doug and ra's to surprise her.
 we had a lovely day, and aunt margretta and 
uncle david came for dinner and cake. 

driving in the car this morning i was trying to pick the 
 one thing i love best about my mom.

as long as i can remember, she told me that it doesn't
matter what you look like on the outside,
it's what's on the inside that really matters.

wash your face, comb your hair and go out into the world.

not very good news for the cosmetics industry,
but what a gift that was to a lanky, awkward girl.

happy birthday, mumsie.
thank you.
xoxooxoxo

3 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday and many more to your Mumsie! that's excellent and thoughtful advice and i'm quite sure you've passed it along to your own great kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy chocolate cake....Mmm. It was my birthday last week but no cake for me so I will just have to imagine what chocoalte cake tasted like. I am still weight watching !!!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sweet, and what a nice surprise!
    I had spoken to your mom and know she had no idea you were coming!!!

    ReplyDelete