inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, October 30, 2009

wondrous chance

 Our daughter Lindsey, 25, stopped in for a quick overnight visit on her way from Boston to a weekend in NYC. This morning, she walked me through a time management exercise, aligning my values, with goals and plans to achieve those goals. She is now my "accountability partner" (read that, role reversal!). I am so energized and excited to put my resolve into action. And I am grateful to my amazingly talented daughter for her support.

Then, I read in an email from my friend Jane, that there is this really cool challenge out in the cyber-world hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas, called  Art Every Day Month. Of course, the month of the challenge is November!

Is this perfect timing or what? So, I signed up. The guidelines are very generous, encouraging anyone to give it a try. How about YOU?

(I will have to set up a time budget for all the fun web browsing this project will lead me to!) 

Chance furnishes me with what I need.
I am like a man (woman) who stumbles along;
my foot strikes something,
I bend over and it is exactly what I want.
-James Joyce
 

5 comments:

  1. I think this challenge is just what I need - a kick in the butt, art-wise. For me, I'm keeping it very organic and loose, no themes, no rules, just make something. Glad you're joining me!

    jane (art enabler & cohort)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the purple and gold motif happening there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This challenge sounds great - I'm going to check it out!
    I find it amazing and unexpected when our daughters provide us with wisdom and ideas from their lives - it is such a bonus!! Your Lindsey sounds like a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. teehee, that's smart to set some time management on the time spent exploring blogs of AEDM participants. It can be a deep rabbit hole! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great challenge! unfortunately, i'm already overwhelmed with all of the interesting blogs that i try to follow every day...and i keep finding more. I'm way behind in posting on my own blog. And i've got to make quilted goodies for the craft fair! (Karen, you've seen them already on my blog i think...the quilted cat mat the Judy and Kristy won and the lavender sachet from the Impatient Patchworker)

    ReplyDelete