inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

gathering

Today, Maya has another lovely post over at maya*made. She asks about "gathering".

I have been home one day in the past eleven, and so, today I am "gathering myself".

  • Food inventory and menu/grocery lists
  • Laundry
  • Organizing expenses/receipts from my journeys
  • Follow up notes for both boards I serve on
  • Sorting mail
  • Getting back to the internet (which I have had limited access to recently)
  • Errand list for when the snow stops
  • Making appointments
  • Catching with a dear friend later today
  • Yearning to get into my sewing room/studio    
Oh, and yes, perhaps a nap? Would that be too decadent? On a snowy afternoon? The flakes are huge and beautiful and mesmerizing. Maybe if I hibernate for a bit I will find my way out of the weariness I am feeling.  I think gathering myself under the covers may be just what I need...

What might you gather today?

9 comments:

  1. I think a nap on a snowy day sounds wonderful. especially after your recent journey. I am gathering fabrics for some new projects and ideas which are scattered about my house on slips of paper!
    Lovely photo here and below, Karen. The blue cup is so cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to gather so much, it seems. The chaos of papers (mail, bills, et al) around the house, the mess in my sewing room, the tasks and responsibilities I have in some volunteer roles all call out to me. It is snowing here, too. I think I'll head out for a walk and simply gather myself into the present moment!

    Thanks again for finding my blog. I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am embarking on a few little art projects I have been wanting to do. I made a loose schedule of the things I wanted to get done during my week off. I made sure to include productive activities as well as some relaxation time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing Henry will be gathering with you under your covers. Silly cat.
    I am gathering my addled brains to try to make it to the end of this term without losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am gathering my wits! I need to get my mind around 5 new topics for this half term!
    Happy napping.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to remember to gather joy when I can; during hectic days of running about, I often forget to revel in the small blessings of each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sleeping in the middle of the day sounds absolutely luxurious:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gathering under the covers with a purring Henry on a snowy day does sound decadent...just what a person needs who's been running around and surely is quite tired! I'm joining a gathering of friends for our approximately monthly lunch 'n' learn session in about an hour...the organizer doesn't know it but it'll turn into a surprise retirement party for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you got your nap in.
    Love your description of the snow and the whole idea of gathering.

    ReplyDelete