inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, October 2, 2011

woolies

My buddy Franny came over from Maine,
and we spent the day at the
Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival.
We strolled the vendors who were selling fleece, yarn,
spinning wheels, drop spindles, baskets, needles and patterns,
hand looms and lanolin products. 
This photo is for Gretta, Ra and anyone else who is
in love with sheepherding pooches.
(check this out).
We were spellbound, once again, by watching shepherd,
dog and sheep work together.
Shearing demo.
The wooly and the bare naked!
Needle felted flock.
Gorgeous woven blanket.

Alpacas, sheep and a few goats were penned among the vendors.
There were folks promoting farm stay vacations, b&b knitting stays
and even a guy selling portable fencing.

The crowd was filled with very good looking hand knit sweaters,
and most folks were wearing "sensible footwear", because
it's still raining in VT!
It's so inspiring to be in the midst of hand crafters
and folks who are devoted to working close to the land.

I am working up the courage to knit a cardigan.
Franny, who is my knitting guru, has promised to help me get started.
Check back tomorrow to see where we are headed next.
I can't wait.

And I can finally let you know about Gretta's internship
in Australia. I am beyond jealous.
Read this to find out why.

4 comments:

  1. so happy that you have a soul sister to instruct you...guide you
    It looks like you had a fabulous time...almost giddy
    Hey, where can I get some of those wooly sheep..oh my they are adorable...who made them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Fran for me! The Michigan Fiber Festival is one of my favorite haunts - come try it some year:-) (In August)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were there, all the yarn and wool......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide who is the luckier, the mom or the daughter. She had you to plant the seeds and help them grow in her and you have her to keep tilling your creative soil. Priceless. Don't all mothers wish this of and for their daughters??

    ReplyDelete