inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, March 2, 2012

sparks


Do you remember this quilt top? Today I found a bright solid lime green and a funky print, "Babble", for the borders. This will be my February funk recovery quilt! My Monday project will be cutting and stitching the borders in place.

I got lost in the world of Etsy and created this rural spring treasury, inspired by Vermont dreams. :-)

This morning, I met my lovely friend Marianne for coffee (soy latte) and she reminded me of this reassuring quote...

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
-Albert Schweitzer

Thank goodness for friends, especially those with sparks. xo (And thanks for all of your recent and sweet comments here).

I was just getting some tech help on the phone with someone at Earlham. Our conversation was interrupted by a tornado siren.* I am now watching the news and am sending hope and good energy to anyone in the path of these bizarre storms.

*(I just spoke with Lynn at the help desk in the computing center, she reports that all is well on campus).

Love with enthusiasm, count your blessings and share your spark, OK?

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt will be a knockout and I do love your etsy treasury, Karen. Glad you are being inspired by friends - I too find that there are some who just light up the world and are truly contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all white here today, snow falling gently without the ever present winds. Seeing your quilt colors has surely colored up my day. Your choices for the borders are perfection.
    Though parts of Indiana weren't as fortunate, I'm happy to hear Earlham missed the danger.
    As for sparks, Karen, I often think you're doing quite a good job in that department.
    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good pieceful and quiet weekend .... I love the quiltcolors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of all of our friends and fellows out in the Midwest, where there has been so much damage and loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quote, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt. I love those colours together. I miss getting my sparks of hope, encouragement and creativity from you!

    ReplyDelete