- drifts of pollen, golden in the breeze, rising from the pines.
- the bluebirds, one bright blue and one muted grey/blue, paired on the deck railing.
- local strawberries, the first of the season, tucked into my market basket.
- laundry on the line, one of my favorite icons of rural life.
- the hum of neighborhood tractors, mowing the first hay of the summer.
- lightning bugs dancing at dusk, and into the night.
- awakening to a ferocious thunder storm, with winds wild enough to warrant closing the windows.
- flowers in the gardens and flowers in the house
June days slip by even as we recognize the joy they bring.